Portal as a Service
What is it?
- It is a web based configuration for PoNG portals.
- It is a hosting for PoNG portals designed by you.
- It is free! *
How do I start?
- Create your account on the Portal as a Service page.
- Log in with your account and create a new Portal
- Click Customize to jump to the portal administration page
- Add a page and click Edit
- You can use the interactive page layout designer to create your portal page
- Click the page name in the layout designer to jump to your new portal page and preview it.
Page Layout Designer Guide
You can create page layouts interactively:
The basic layout structure is are rows, containing views. You can add rows using the horizontal split button. Using the vertical split button, you can convert the rows view into a set of columns containing views. With the vertical split button, you can concert a column view into a set of rows.
At the end you are able to create any layout with a hierarchy of rows and columns,
SaaS v0.5 Functionality
The SaaS offering supports multi tenant portal design and hosting: Portal design means, configuring the portal, adding pages to a portal, configuring views inside the pages, defining the layout of the views and online configuration of the views (= REST web service resource and data representation). All this is easy to use nearly all functions of the PoNG framework.
Multi tenant portal administration (add/edit/delete portals)
- Configure portal title and label
- Configure language support
- Add pages to a portal
Page views layout editor
- Edit page configuration
- Page width
- Header/Footer links
- Edit page CSS
- Visual layout editor
- Page preview
- Show structure definition JSON
- Edit views
- Apply view templates
- View configuration editor
- I18n translation editor
- Configure optional OAuth login (grant_type=password)
- Support of private (=owners) view templates and shared (=released)
- Add and edit templates
- Template category supported
- simple integration
- HTTP GET/POST
- supports headers forwarding (filtered)
- supports parameter forwarding
- 3 operation modes for different parameter handling
- JSON and raw results
- OAuth scope configuration (only grant_type: password)
ref. PoNG CORS Proxy
- Always contains newest PoNG version
- Page loading incl JS/CSS and plug-in modules
- Header/Footer navigation link generation to link pages within one portal
- OAuth login/logout handling
- I18n language switch
Portal Usage Statistics
- Loads per page and month with a one year history (table)
This Portal as a Service is a free public beta test.
The beta test may end at any time. Any data and configuration stored inside the SERVICE may be removed at any time.
Important: THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SERVICE.